Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Shelf Control #3 | Frozen Heart by Elizabeth Rudnick

Shelf Control
hosted by Lisa @ Bookshelf Fantasies
Shelf Control is all about the books we want to read — and already own! Consider this a variation of a Wishing & Waiting post… but looking at books already available, and in most cases, sitting right there on our shelves and e-readers.

Frozen Hearty by Elizabeth Rudnick

Synopsis (via Goodreads):
Told in alternating chapters from both Anna's and Hans' perspectives, A Frozen Heart takes a sophisticated look at events of Frozen, exploring the couple's backstories, motivations, and doomed relationship. 

How I got it:
This was a Hanukah present picked out by a few of my Frozen-loving niblings. (You know who you are!)

When I got it:
This would have been December 2015

Why I want to read it:
Aside from the promise extrapolated from me by their mother to read and review any book they sent me, I'm very interested to see something from Hans perspective. While I didn't love-love the film, I liked it well enough, and I always love to see things told from different perspectives. I'm interested whether to see if Hans retains his villainy in this version, or if his backstory changes him into a misused or misunderstood bad guy. Though, honestly, I'm getting really tired of those sympathetic origin stories. They work for some characters, but all right already! Can we just keep the villains villains?

Sorry. Tangent over. :P

What are your favorite or least favorite villain 'back stories'?
What book do you own that you need to finally just read already?

No comments:

Post a Comment