I do reserve the right not to finish a book if it heavily conflicts with any of the criteria below, so please read it before sending me a request. If this happens, I will send you an email with further options.
My great love is middle grade novels, especially fantasy and science fiction, but I also read all genres of YA, adult fiction, and graphic novels so long as they meet the 'clean' requirement. I may decline to review your book if I don't think it falls into this criteria.
Upon acceptance of a review request, I will give you a projected date for the review's posting, based on other scheduled reviews and obligations.
My review will be posted on this blog and Goodreads.com, to be further shared across my social media platforms of Facebook, Tumblr, and Twitter.
I can also post the review to Amazon.com and the Barnes & Noble website on request.
I would love to read more indie and small press authors, as I believe too many good books don't get enough attention.
Services I offer:
- Book reviews
- Participation in blog tours, book launches, and giveaways
- Author interviews
What I look for in a good book:
- Quality (of story, writing, and appearance)
- Strong characters and good development
- Writing style
- Clean content -Explicit or unnecessary violence, gore, sex, and swearing will automatically receive a lower rating. My ideal book would have no bedroom scenes and sparse use of profanity.
- Conservative morality -My platform is directed to a conservative audience, so any elements of a story that are not conducive to a conservative morality will receive a lower rating and a warning to the reader.
- 5 stars = LOVE! Couldn't get enough of it and it is now my new obsession and addiciton, on par with Star Wars, RumBelle, The Ever Afters, and Eoin Colfer.
- 4 stars = Great. A fantastic book that I would gift or re-read.
- 3 stars = Good book, but not as enjoyable either because of quality/story issues or personal preference.
- 2 stars = Hard to get through. Some good things, but mostly did not enjoy or like.
- 1 star = Poor quality, poor story, poor execution.
- DNF = Did Not Finish. This happens either when the quality is so poor I can't justify a 1 star rating or if it grossly fails to meet my clean content or conservative morality requirements.
- NEW! Books will now receive film-style ratings for violence, profanity, and sexual content.
Last but not least, THANK YOU for considering me as a reviewer. ^_^