|Top Ten Tuesday is a blog meme hosted by the ladies at The Broke and the Bookish|
The very first tag video I ever did on my booktube channel was '25 Facts About Me'. It was a hoot, so for this '10 Facts About Me' topic, I went back to that and picked out my favorite 10 of the lot. (Plus -if you want to know all 25- I included the video! Warning, it was during my early years of vlogging, so it's not stellar quality. Sorry about that.)
1. I'm actually a slow reader. This is really inconvenient for a book reviewer, considering it can take me an hour to read 50 pages. :P
2. I love pizza. I'm not kidding. I could eat it for every meal, for days on end. My bucket list actually includes a Pizza Tour of the world, where I hit up Italy, New York, Chicago, and every other place that has their own style of pizza, just so I can try them all.
3. I collect salt and pepper shakers. But only super awesome ones, you understand. I'll pick up the tourist-y ones sometimes, but what I really love are the sets that are nerdy, fun, or cutesy. Like a hot dog and a bun; neon-colored eyeballs from Halloween; the trash cans from the different sections of Disneyland. (As of my last visit, I own all of them. All seven. Seven. Are you kidding me, Disneyland?! You stopped on an uneven number?!) Growing up, I always wanted to start a collection, but I could never settle on what to start collecting. I finally decided on salt and pepper shakers because that was something one of my grandmother -who died long before I was born, unfortunately- collected. It was kind of a way for me to have a connection with her.
4. Don't freak out on this next one, but I watched The Fellowship of the Ring before I finished the book. At first, my dad even made it a rule that I had to finish the book first. But I was in the Tom Bombadil chapter and he wanted to watch it so bad he rescinded. Soon as I was introduced to Strider in the movie, I read as fast as I could to get to the Prancing Pony.
5. I once owned four copies of the abridged edition of The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas. At the same time.
I was actually aiming for an unabridged edition.
6. Sometimes, I prefer the movie over the book. This may sound like sacrilege, but occasionally I'll find a movie that I feel better portrays a character, an arc, a relationship, or a scene that just puts it over the book. Even if I don't hold the movie in its entirety over a book, there are often moments that are so much better onscreen than on the page.
7. At night, I check under my pillow for spiders. This isn't a random phobia that just popped up out of the blue one day -one night a spider actually scurried out from under my pillow.
I really hate spiders.
8. I often provide my own sound effects. This can make for a very interesting work environment in a library.
9. Occasionally, I slip into random accents (not always good ones) and funny voices. I do this so often when I'm working or writing, I sometimes forget to hold it in when I'm out in public.
10. Last, but not least, I seriously do burst into random song. Sometimes it's a genuine song -with music and lyrics- but a lot of times I just carry on a conversation or thought by singing it, especially if I'm annoyed with an object. Instead of growling at it, I sing at it.
You blasted piece of garbage/I hate you/I want to crush you
Honorable Mention: I am a conservative American and proud of it!
This one got me a bit of backlash when I posted the original video but the thing is: I'm not ashamed of it; I don't have to defend my position to anyone, let alone an Internet troll; and I'm not here to argue politics anyway. So there you go.
By the way, I forced myself out of that weird correlate-the-bookmarks-with-the-book phase. Mostly.