Wednesday, March 15, 2017

TTT: Books on My Spring TBR

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly blog meme put on by The Broke and the Bookish

Aside from the books on my Take Control of Your TBR Challenge, this is what I'm looking forward to reading!

The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
I've wanted to read this for ages, but the page count has been putting me off. After rereading Airman for my book club last month, however, I'm not going to let it intimidate me!

Traitor to the Throne by Alywn Hamilton
SEQUEL!!!

Hearts and Other Body Parts by Ira Bloom
I won a Goodreads givaway for this and, instead of tossing it onto my bookshelf like all the other books I win and promise to someday read, and I'm going to start on it as soon as it arrives.

Heartstone by Elle Katherine White
This is described as a fantasy retelling of Pride & Prejdice.
With dragons.
Hello.

Star Wars: Ahsoka by E.K. Johnston
About 8 episodes from finishing Star Wars: Clone Wars, all I want to know is what happens to Ahsoka?! What's next for her? Where does she go from here? What happens when she finds out about Darth Vader?!?

Star Wars: Thrawn by Timothy Zahn
Timothy Zahn is my favorite writer of Star Wars fiction and I'm so excited that he's writing a new book! And a Thrawn book, no less!

Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas
ANOTHER SEQUEL!!!

(I'm trying to actually stay on top of the series I start. :P)

The Blacklist: The Dead Ring (No. 166) by Jon McGoran
I've got this one on pre-order (March 28th!!!). The first one was so good I can't wait to get my hands on this. I'm just hoping it loves up to expectations.

The Blacklist: The Arsonist by Nicole Dawn Phillips
I know. I know. Why haven't I read this yet if the first one was so amazing?
I'M PACING MYSELF. I'm so used to binge-watching The Blacklist on Netflix that I completely forgot they have midseason finales and now I'm going through withdrawals. Between rewatching season 3, The Dead Ring coming out next month, and this comic, hopefully I've got enough to tide me over until April 20.


Rebels by David Liss
This is basically THE SEQUEL OF ALL SEQUELS. I don't know how I missed its publication date, but this is the sequel to fantastic geek fest known as Randoms, and you can watch my geek fest review of it down below, which you totally should. It's one of the funnest ones I've ever done. XD

What's on your Spring TBR?

6 comments:

  1. Heartstone sounds very interesting with the inclusion of dragons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I'm really impatient for that one, because I've got it on hold at the library, but they haven't gotten it in for over a month now. >_<

      Delete
  2. Same here on the Count of Monte Cristo. The book is huge and that has put me off. Heartstone I think I've seen reviewed, and Ahsoka has me way curious! As does Thrawn. I've been thinking of going back and reading his earlier Heir to the Empire books since I love that post- jedi timeframe, and curious to see his take on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heir to the Empire is the first Star Wars book I ever read -it's FANTASTIC. You should definitely give it a try. I still need to read his Thrawn duology as well, but I'm so excited that Thrawn was one character they decided the new canon couldn't live without. ^_^

      Delete
  3. I also want to read The Count of Monte Cristo! and I want you to finish Heartless! :) I'm so curious what you are going to think of it since it has so many controversial reviews :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should read The Count of Monte Cristo! I may have to set myself chapter goals if the size starts to intimidate me again, but I refuse to put it off any more.
      I think I have two discs of the Heartless audio left and lots of notes, so I should have a review soon.

      Delete