Monday, October 10, 2016

It's Monday! Here's what I'm reading...

Look! I found a new book meme!

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week.  It's a great post to organize yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile!

What I read last week:

The Devil's Only Friend by Dan Wells
This is book four in the John Cleaver series and, yeah, I'm in love. This concept/genre is so not up my alley I almost didn't pick up the first book -I Am Not A Serial Killer- but I'm glad I did. IT'S SO GOOD. Review to come.

Original Sin #2 by Jason Aaron
This Marvel comic is on my Fall TBR, so *score*.

The Rocketeer #1 by Dave Stevens
OHMYGOSH I'M SO EXCITED I FOUND THIS! I loooove the movie and I've wanted to read the comic for ages and I just stumbled across it at my library. LOVE IT.

What I'm currently reading:

Over Your Dead Body by Dan Wells
Book five of the John Cleaver series and I don't have the heart to fly through it in a night like I did the other four. Don't get me wrong; I love it! But it's also a fairly recent release so even if it doesn't turn out to be the last book in the series (I have no idea; kind of dreading looking it up), I'll have a long wait for the next one.

Dracula by Bram Stoker
This is my book club's pick this month and, oh gee, look at that, book club date draws nigh! I'm actually excited to read this, because it's one I never thought I would, but I've recently been getting into the 'Silver Scream' favorites.

The Faerie Reel: Tales from the Twilight Realm edited by Ellen Datlow
An anthology of short stories regarding the Otherworld and fairy folk. So far, I like it, and it helps get me into the mood for my current work in progress. Bonus!

What I'm Reading Next:

 


The Fire Rose by Mercedes Lackey
Another from my Fall TBR, it's both a Beauty and the Beast retelling, which I'm trying to read a ton of before March, and it's ground zero for Lackey's Elemental Masters series which has been on the back of my TBR for awhile.

Desolate Angel by Chaz McGee
I've heard very mixed reviews on this mystery series whose main character is a dead detective, but I snuck the first chapter in before work one day and I'm so excited to read it.






Did you notice that only one of my current titles in from my Fall TBR? I sure did. I'm going to be redoing that tomorrow.

What are you currently reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment