Monday, February 2, 2015

My Reading Challenge List

I know I've already talked about my Reading Goals for this year, but I just recently came across this epic challenge over on popsugar.com and I can't resist. This list will push me to read a little outside my comfort zone, but won't be so specific as to be, well, bleh.

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/40/96/59/409659d720fac295278f956fd330eb9d.jpg

The best part is, a lot of the books I already planned to read will fit nicely into one niche or another. I'm going to try to find one book for each challenge, but I might not succeed. There are 50 challenges here, and I only have a goal of hitting 75 books this year, including as many Star Wars books as I can possibly cram in. Because Episode VII, baby!

I already have several books selected and some of these (like a book made into a movie or a book with magic) will be easy to come up with. But there are a few -like a book originally written in another language or a book with bad reviews- that might take a little more brain power. I mean, every book has bad reviews, right? So is there a certain ratio of bad-to-good reviews we should be looking at here? Where does one find a book everyone hated? Maybe there's a Goodreads list for that...

A book your Mom loves = Ballet Shoes by Noel Streatfeild
A banned book = To Kill a Mockingbird by Lee Harper
A Pulitzer Prize-Winning Book = The Killer Angels by Michael Shaara
A book more than 500 pages = [insert correct Brandon Sanderson title here]
A book a friend recommended = The Hollow Kingdom by Claire Dunkle
A book I started but never finished =The Cold Dish by Craig Johnson
A book that takes place in your hometown = Nightingale by David Farland
A book that takes place in high school = Skinny by Donna Cooner

Personally, I'm looking forward to finding one written by an author with my same initials (if anybody sees an A.T. author, please share!) and picking a book based on its cover. Muahaha.

Have you set any reading goals or challenges for this year? Share, share!

No comments:

Post a Comment