Monday, July 14, 2014

BookTubeAThon Begins

It's that time of year again.
The BookTubeAThon is here.

WAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!



I am super-excited to announce my participation for a second year. I had such a blast last time (even if the flooding of the laundry room cut into my quality book time =/). This week-long reading abandon is my reward for finishing the latest draft of my novel.

The BookTube-A-Thon (July 14-21) is every reader's dream. An entire week during summer with every excuse to read, read, read, all day, all the time. 
Better than that, there are hosts keep you on track throughout the week with their own update videos, a list of official reading and video challenges you can do to make the week more fun, and a Twitter account with sporadic reading sprints and random dares to make it all more sociable.
Even if you're not a booktuber, you're welcome to join in!

This year I am going all out.


The Reading Challenges

Of the seven Reading Challenges, I intend to tackle six:
  • A book with pictures
  • A book with red on the cover
  • A book from a genre you've read the least this year
  • Read (and watch) a book to movie adaptation
  • A book someone else picks out for you
  • Read seven books (or an average of 300 pages a day)
  • Start and finish a series


The Video Challenges

Since I already intended on daily video updates, I hope to accomplish all seven of these challenges:
  • Day One: Show your top 3 books you've read because of booktube.
  • Day Two: Find the items on three covers.
  • Day Three: Draw a better cover for any book.
  • Day Four: Write a story using all the words from three titles.
  • Day Five: Make a rainbow of your favorite books.
  • Day Six: Find 5 things from one of the books you've read this week.
  • Day Seven: Show us where you've read during the BookTubeAThon!
These will be posted over on my YouTube channel -toreadnottoread- though I will add the playlist to my sidebar under 'My Latest Video' here on the blog so you can stay updated too!


The Books


Barring another natural disaster, I intend to read:




 Cover image for The professor and the madman [a tale of murder, insanity, and the making of the Oxford English dictionary]

*GULP*
I may have picked too many... 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment