Friday, May 9, 2014

My Week in Review: May the Fourth Be With You

May the Fourth and Other Things


For Star Wars day (May 4), how could I not write on our kitchen chalkboard 'May the Fourth Be With You'? It was quite beyond my capacity to resist. Little did I know then what I would be starting.

Next, from my sister, came the logical 'Beware Revenge of the Fifth.' And then 'Return of the Sixth'.

Everyone has jumped onto the bandwagon now, and I think this might last us through May. I'm really hoping so, anyway.

May the Seventh is Just like Heaventh

Ain't it great that it's May 8?

Ain't it fine, this May 9?

We could probably use another infusion of creativity, but I love rushing over every morning to see what new message awaits. Because I'm like that.

Speaking of Star Wars...


 

Vocab Fab

Mien (MEEN) Being expressive of personality or attitude: demeanor

I grabbed this from the Merriam-Webster Online word of the day. This feels like one of those words that isn't used unless you're trying to use it. So I dare you. Use mien in a sentence next week. Do it! Do it!

The Writing Corner

It's coming, coming, coming. In fact, I need to finish this blog so I can get some writing done before work. Yahoo.

My biggest issue this week was distraction. I kept thinking about another project that I've put aside, my unfinished NaNo novel from last year, titled Old Haunts. It's one of my all-time favorite projects (to date) but it needs a lot of work. A LOT of work. On that note, can anyone recommend some good paranormal mysteries?

This other project needs to wait and simmer until I finish Rodney and the Gonjii but *sob* it doesn't want to! 

Ahhhh, writer problems...

Reading Nook

I did not finish any books this week. Rewatching the Lord of the Rings has cut into my reading time. I'm still enjoying The Crystal Bridge by Charlie Pulsipher (SCI-FI! I'm loving the sci-fi!) and Cranford by Elizabeth Gaskell.

What are YOU reading this weekend?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment