Thursday, January 8, 2015

2015 Reading Goals and Most Anticipated Books

You can watch my video or scroll down to see my goals. You could even do both. *gasp*



2015 Reading Goals
  • Goodreads Reading Goal of75
  • Five Writing books -Save the Cat! by Blake Snyder, Stein on Writing, others TBD
  • STAR WARS BOOKS
  • One [thick] Brandon Sanderson novel
  • Read Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone for the first time w/ newbie reaction vid
  • Catch up on the Skulduggery Pleasant series by Derek Landy
  • Finish one manga series
  • 2015 TBR list -Pick one title a month to read
  • More browse selecting. If I see something at the library that looks good, I'm just going to take it!
  • Join a book club. I really want to be part of a book club, but I'm having trouble finding one that suits me and starting my own didn't work out. At all. (I am so sorry.) I want to find something that not only reads books I'll like, but is small enough that we can actually talk to each other, instead of at each other. Suggestions are welcome.

Most Anticipated Books of 2015
  • Firefight by Brandon Sanderson, Reckoners bk 2 (Jan. 6)
  • The Magician's Lie by Greer Macallister (Jan 13)
  • Fairest and Winter by Marissa Meyer (Jan 27 & Nov 10, respectively)
  • Woven by David Powers King & Michael Jensen (Jan 27)
  • Dearest by Alethea Kontis (Feb. 3)
  • Masterminds by Gordon Korman (Feb 3)
  • Princess Academy: Forgotten Sisters by Shannon Hale (March 3)
  • Stolen Magic by Gail Carson Levine (April 21 -expected)
  • The Forever Man by Eoin Colfer (June 23)
  • Of Enemies and Endings by Shelby Bach. (June 30) The final book of the Ever Afters series. NOOOOOOOoooooooo! I'm not ready to say goodbye!
  • Silver in the Blood by Jessica Day George (July 7) -A new Jessica Day George book? Historical fantasy? ROMANIA!?
  • Ninja Librarians: Sword in the Stacks by Jen Swann Downey (August 1)

2015 Booktube Goals
  • More interaction. I'm going to watch more booktube videos and leave comments and basically try to be social.
  • More book-to-movie comparisons. I barely did any of these last year and I am so sorry! I know that I really enjoy doing these, but I never gave myself enough time to actually do it. This will change! My big aim is to do comparisons of the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Because yeah.
  • More FUN videos. I want to do more tag videos and random bookish things -like book towers or book games- instead of strictly reviews, because I feel like I'm only hitting on half of what makes booktubing awesome.
  • Discussions, reactions, and fangirling. There's an upside and a downside to doing spoiler-free reviews and the downside is that I don't get to talk about what I really loved about a book or how a particular character's development blew my mind. So while I'm not going to stop giving spoiler-free reviews, I would like to do more videos where I actually get to talk about and discuss books. BOOKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment