Monday, June 5, 2017

Sunday Post 011 | IMWAYR

Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme


 Corny Joke Monday 




 Last Week on the Blog 


 This Week on the Blog 


Lone Ranger/Green Hornet: Champions of Justice Comic Review

Geekerella by Ashley Poston Review



It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and
share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. 


 What I'm Reading: 


Kitty Hawk and the Curse of the Yukon Gold by Iain Reading

Battlefront: Twilight Company by Alexander Freed (audio)


 What I Read: 


Star Wars: Clone Wars vol 3, Last Stand on Jabiim

Star Wars: Clone Wars vol 4, Light and Dark

 What I'm Watching 


I FINALLY have Star Wars: Rebels S2 to watch!

Also, I've been binge-watching Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, which has been amazing. It's been a few years since I've read the managa so I don't remember quite everything, but the best part is my deeper appreciation for the fantastic, complicated characters in here and the phenomenal worldbuilding and magic system. This one is a 5-star story, no doubt!

 In Real Life 


Last month was crazy! I usually see my siblings once, maybe twice a year, and throughout last month I wound up visiting/being visited independently by four of them. Now that the routine is settling back into normal, I'm ready to get back to business!


 New Additions 


Thanks to my local thrift store:
  • The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde
  • The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
  • The Magical Worlds of The Lord of the Rings by David Colbert
Thanks to Barnes and Noble:
  • Old Ways, Old Secrets: Pagan Ireland by Jo Kerrigan
  • Celtic Myths and Legends by Peter Berresford Ellis
  • Heartstone by Elle Katherine White <3

I've been going a little book store crazy. I need to tone it down a few notches...

 Random 


This is as good a place as any to talk about my latest obsession:

Yondu Udonta
If you haven't seen Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 yet, you should really consider it. I've seen it four (five?) times already, which is more than I saw either Star Wars: The Force Awakens or Fantastic Beasts in theater, and I'm still ready to see it a few more times.

It's a great movie -despite an increase in the crude humor- and Yondu totally steals the show, in my humble opinion. I've always liked this grouchy, blue-skinned Ravager, but I am now an officially devoted fangirl. He has a great story and arc in this film, and James Gunn did a magnificent job weaving it together with everything else going on. I not only love this film, I have serious respect for the writing and execution of it. <3

  What's new with you? 

9 comments:

  1. Nice to catch up with family. Also some good finds at the thrift store. I liked The Book Thief, not everyone does but it was very different yet engaging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very nice; one of the siblings I hadn't actually seen in about five years, so it was fantastic to spend time with them!
      Oooh, I love the unique narration of The Book Thief. It's so different and captivating! It's been awhile since I read it, but I missed it last month for book club, so I was happy to find the edition I wanted in good condition. ^_^

      Delete
  2. Ooh a star Wars post? I'll have to go read that.

    I've seen those Kitty Hawk books a few times and they look fun. And I'd probably like that pagan Ireland book too. Sounds fascinating.

    It's funny about Yondu, I love that character too. I like this modern take on him, I went back and read some of the older Guardians comics and the old Yondu was quieter, more stoic- definitely not like the Ravagers lol. Still had the cool look and yaka bow though. :) He is agreat character. I still need to see Guardians 2.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far I'm enjoying Kitty Hawk; the character has a great voice, and that's always a win for me. ^_^

      RIGHT?! I started reading some of the original Guardians run and the characters are so different, but I love what Gunn did especially with Yondu, and I love how he altered the whistle arrow. You definitely need to see it!

      Ooh, I've got to check out your comment on the Star Wars post now...

      Delete
  3. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 WAS SO FREAKING GOOD! I loved it! Hahaha FIVE times Amanda??? you are worse than me :) BUT I'll try to catch up :) Yup I agree the story ARC and way it's all put together is genius! I need to watch Star Wars Rebels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm IN LOVE with Guardians Vol 2. I've been trying to take my dad to see it for weeks but our schedules haven't meshed yet. Grrr... Five times isn't enough! I want to go see it more!
      Rebels is a must! They're starting to address some of the loose ends left after the cancellation of Clone Wars. <3

      Delete
  4. I am looking forward to seeing Guardian of the Galaxy 2. While it disrupted your routine, it sounds nice seeing your siblings so much :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very nice! I hope you enjoy Guardians Vol 2. ;)

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete