Thursday, June 11, 2015

May Wrap Up: What I Read, Wrote, and Reviewed


What I read:
Of Enemies and Endings by Shelby Bach
Video Review | Blog
Spelled by Betsy Schow
Video Review | Blog
The Truth According to Us by Annie Barrows
Seekers of the Weird
**coming soon**
A Whole New World by Liz Braswell
**coming soon**
Bonus! For those of you ecstatic about the upcoming finale of The Ever Afters, I'm putting together a week-long blog party leading up to the release date. I'm looking for fan art as well as fans who want to answer fun series-related questions. If you want to participate or find out more, to that post.

There were also several audiobooks I started that I just couldn't get into. The God Engines by John Scalzi, but I know this disinterest was born of mood. Just coming off Scalzi's Fuzzy Nation, The God Engines was much more serious sci-fi than I anticipated. I'll likely pick it up again.

The second was The Magician's Lie by Greer Macallister. I'm not sure if I just couldn't get into the story or if it was just the audio, but it didn't pull me in. This was on my list of anticipated releases this year, so I might go back to it later.

My Top Tens:



On the Writing Front:

I'm getting my second short story published! 'The Curious Concoctions of Thornton Thoreau' will appear in the October issue of Bards and Sages Quarterly.

Looking back, I wonder what I was doing with all my reading time last month. The answer: working on my novel. It's full of loose threads, timeline confusion, and in all around need of tightening, but I've had my nose to the grindstone, and it's looking better every day.

This month, I did discover an absolutely spectacular set of videos on YouTube of all the lectures from BYU's writing class. The one taught by Brandon Sanderson. I feel as though I've struck gold, and I'm more than happy to share my wealth.

And that's it. Ta-da!

No comments:

Post a Comment